×

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

TOPIC:

Hooker on cask 19 years 6 days ago #1

Cask conditioned Galway Hooker was available at the Burton Summer Festival this year. It'd be nice to get some in this country. Anyone know if there's any plans?

19 years 6 days ago #2

Time to get the thumb screws out

19 years 6 days ago #3

Lots of the Irish Micros cask and ship to Britain. Carlow and Messrs do it. It's so bloody easy to cask beer. No filtration or maturation step. Just get it down to about 1.004 above FG and shove it in the cask with finings. It a tragedy we can't get any here.

19 years 6 days ago #4

Well we can get [i:34uo0xyo]some [/i:34uo0xyo]here (mainly as specials or for festivals), but it's back to the demand issue.

19 years 6 days ago #5

I think it's a shame. I can only guess that the reason that we can't get cask here is because it's reckoned no body will drink it. But we will.

I know some pubs don't have the facilities (cellar) for cask ale but I'm sure lots do.

19 years 6 days ago #6

"noby":df9p51bo wrote: Well we can get [i:df9p51bo]some [/i:df9p51bo]here (mainly as specials or for festivals), but it's back to the demand issue.[/quote:df9p51bo]
The only cask ale I can think of which is available in Ireland is Porterhouse's TSB. I'm not mad on that beer. Are there any others which I don't know about.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds